Fridays at the Mathom-House: Chris Rahn


After a long hiatus, we've got another Friday at the Mathom-House! It's been a long time, but believe me, it was worth the wait. Today we'll be looking at a single painting by Chris Rahn. Now, I now that usually more pieces are featured each week, but this illustration was the artist's only Tolkien-related piece; however, it was so good, I just couldn't pass up the chance to show it off. Jump past the break to see the full painting in all its glory!



Fantastic, right? I appreciate the accuracy of the image . . . all the right colors on the dwarves, a good Gandalf and a wonderful Bilbo. The Shire looks perfect. Well done all around. Open the image in a new tab to see a higher resolution version.

2 comments:

  1. Much how I imagined The Hobbit growing up. Yet during my most recent re-read I could only imagine PJ's dwarves, it was a cool experience really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I find that happening to me a lot. The jury is out on whether or not I like the fact that PJ's version of LOTR has been imprinted on my brain. :)

    ReplyDelete